Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Winter Wonderland!

The east coast has been hit with some major snowfall! Esp in the DC metro area, we've gotten over a foot of snow and some forecasts say upto 2 feet of snow. I love snow, but why did it have to occur on the weekend when I needed to finish my xmas shopping and I don't have work. It would have been much sweeter on Monday, but oh well! Its still very pretty and fluffy right now. The bad thing is, don't drive outside!!! Stay home, drink hot cocoa and relax by a fireplace if you're lucky enough ;)

Snowball or football coming at you?


Laying in the snow can be so much fun..

Last night we went to a comedy show at DC Improv and we saw Gary Valentine from the King of Queens. It seemed like a good idea to go out there since we had tickets we didn't want to waste and the snow fall didn't really hit too hard yet, but once we left the show close to midnight, the snow was def coming down. It took me 2 hours to drive home from DC, which it normally takes 45 min. I was so scared of getting into an accident, seeing so many cars abandoned on the side of the road, cops and tow trucks. Super scary esp if you don't have a big SUV. I really should not have been driving, it was def a stressful ride home! But luckily I made it home safely.

7 comments:

bananas. said...

i love the snow but not sure i could ever live in it. really, how do you east coasters function? haha.

Diary of a Young Designer said...

Wow, I know snow can be fun but scary also sometimes. So glad you made it home safely. =)

xo
Sophie

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Wow! Pretty pics =)

As a So Cal gal, I don't think I could attempt to drive in snow. But it would be nice to enjoy indoors as you mentioned.

Kelly said...

stay safe and warm!! your pictures are darling!!
xoxo

frenchie said...

i hope there will still be enough snow in DC when i arrive at Xmas but not that much that my plane can't land!!
love the pics!

Jess said...

brrr its been freezing here too and i miss playing in the snow!

Aline said...

how fun...i can't wait to get back to dc again!!!