Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Best Eye Creams

My friend Alex has been asking me to write an entry about eye creams. I haven't used very many eye creams, but I have read a lot of reviews that I wanted to share as well as the ones that I have used. My main use of eye cream is to prevent wrinkles and improve the skin texture around my eyes. I don't really have any huge bags or any really dark circles yet, but I think its super important in keeping the eye area hydrated and use eye cream as a preventative measure.


My first eye cream was Juice Beauty "Smoothing Eye Concentrate". I got it as a recommendation from lady who worked at Sephora. She counseled me about a few of the eye creams and this one was in my price range. The great thing about this product is that its all ORGANIC and it contains a "Japanese green tea to comfort and help reduce puffiness." The BAD thing about this is that it made me break out a little bit, I a little white bump on my lower eye area. I stopped using the product and waited for my skin to clear up. I might have been using it over excessively and it must have clogged my pores so thats def. something you need to watch out for with this and any eye cream out there. Because it created milia for me, I can't fully recommend this product, but I think if you don't use it excessively everyday, it might be okay. The only thing I could think of was that I used the product everyday and maybe I should have used a lesser amount underneath my eye area.

*Note
I got an email from a reader stating "Try using Juice Beauty's smoothing eye in small amounts. That's the beauty of it--it's super concentrated. It's a great eye cream"

So maybe if I wasn't so overzealous with the product being my first eye cream and freaking over about nothing thats really there yet then I wouldn't have encountered the problem I had. So with that said, maybe its worth a try! Just use a small amount :)


My current eye cream is Clinique "All About Eyes". I have had no problems with this product so far. No huge changes in the appearance of my under eye area either (but at the same time I don't have many complaints). This product was reviewed very positively by DeLush, which is one reason I got this product.


DeLush is a beauty website that I read often to get my fix on specific beauty products. I'm gonna summarize only a few products they recommended to get, but you can read their full review on their website plus a lot more products!


BeFine Eye Brightening Serum Ulta $19.99 - good results with brightening dark circles but not so much in reducing wrinkles.

Murad Lighten & Brighten Treatment
$75.00 (15 ml)- steeper price, good results with staying power, but must be used with SPF due to possible skin discoloration from sun. "Dramatically reduced dark circles by an average of 59%* and under-eye bags and puffiness by up to 50%** with this scientifically proven treatment."


MAC MoistureLush Eye Cream $30.00 (15 ml) was also reviewed very positively by DeLush stating that it did a great job minimized tiny lines and reducing puffiness associated with lack of sleep. I wouldn't have ever thought of using a MAC eye cream, but its worth the consideration.


Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Eye Treatment $38.00 (15 ml) was reviewed well by Lipstick is my Crack, which she raves on how amazing this product was for her under eye circles. Definitely worth a try. Could potentially be my next purchase.



This AVON product "ANew Clinical Eye Lift" has won a lot of awards! I don't know too much about it, but I would love to hear more about it! Its in the price range that I'm looking to spend as well, a little cheaper than the Boscia.

Laura Mercier Night Nutrition Renewal Eye Creme $45.00 (15 ml) - I haven't heard too much about this one yet, but I'm interested in knowing more about this product as well.


From the blogging reviews online, I would recommend for overall eye cream, try MAC MositureLush Eye Cream or Clinique All About Eyes and for reducing those dark under eye circles, try Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Treatment or Murad Lighten and Brighten Treatment. I am personally most interested in Avon ANew Clinical Eye Lift and Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG Treatment. All products work differently on everyone, but you should def. start using a product if you haven't started for preventative measures at the very least!

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

thanks for the tips! I've been wanting to buy some eye cream..it's never too early lol!

Wendy said...

Sweet tips! I really need some.

Anonymous said...

i am expecting a blog from you about fashion week, ms fashionista tran!

Anonymous said...

yeah, that eye cream looks like foundation more than cream. I would watch out also.

Eye Cream Reviews said...

In choosing the best under eye discoloration cream, you have to double check the label to see if that cream is made from natural ingredients.

Maho Lucil said...

Choosing the best under eye discoloration cream, you have to always check and read the label to see if it contains harmful ingredients. Harsh ingredients can cause allergic reactions or worst scars. I would definitely recommend for women suffering from wrinkles and dark circle eyes to use only organic eye wrinkle creams.

Anonymous said...

We stumbled over here coming from a different web address and thought
I may as well check things out. I like what I
see so now i'm following you. Look forward to looking over your web page yet again.
My web page sales seo

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I simply want to offer you a big thumbs up for your great information
you've got here on this post. I'll be coming back to
your web site for more soon.

My web blog wikipolitica.info

Anonymous said...

You are so awesome! I do not suppose I've read through anything like this before. So wonderful to find somebody with unique thoughts on this subject matter. Seriously.. thank you for starting this up. This site is something that is required on the internet, someone with a bit of originality!

Here is my page :: Converse All Star

Anonymous said...

Hi, I do think this is an excellent blog.
I stumbledupon it ;) I am going to revisit yet again since I saved as a favorite it.

Money and freedom is the best way to change, may you be rich and continue to guide others.


My blog post ... supplemental resources

Ash said...

I love your recommendation. I am in the market for a new cream.