Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Limited: Jodi Arnold Collection

I've been a little late in writing about this, but I went to a Limited collaboration launch event for the unveiling of the new Jodi Arnold collection on April April 14th at Tysons Corner Mall in Virginia. It was really fun and a cute event! It felt kinda exclusive because you had to be on a list to go to the event (almost like a club in the mall! haha) and when you got in, there were an assortment of sweets & desserts plus wine and drinks!

I didn't know that much about the New York based designer, Jodi Arnold, before this event, but she was really nice and very down to earth! At the unveiling of her new collection for The Limited, she went over her worldly inspirations for her textures and prints of her collection - the different crafts of various cultures that inspired her. She also inspired by a book called "Half the Sky" and mentioned turning oppression into opportunity.

The fashion show showed the versatility of each piece from casual to business to a night out. Her pieces were very wearable and definitely something I would wear to work for a business casual look that doesn't come off as too boring. The pieces are also really easy to mix and match to create different types of looks. The dresses were easy to wear, the fabrics soft with easy movement. Definitely not fussy clothes, which is definitely what I need!

Have you purchased anything from the Limited Jodi Arnold collection? Which outfit fits you the best?







11 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Never heard oh her but the collection looks super cute. Very work chic! I like the fact that the models are all different sizes too.

Sounds like you had a blast =)

bananas. said...

to be honest, i haven't shopped at the limited since i was in high school. but after seeing this i just might.

Leah said...

The collection is so wearable... definitely worth checking out. xoxo

SabinePsynopsis said...

I've never heard of Jodi Arnold before, but I can spot some really attractive pieces in your pictures.

Cafe Fashionista said...

I have never even been to the limited before; but...I love look five. The blue top with the cropped boyfriend jeans. That would look amazing with gladiator wedges!! :)

Emma said...

I don't usually love The Limited, but those clothes are really stylish!!

Fashion Court said...

i've never heard of her either, but i'm LOVING all of the stuff!

glee said...

i am yet to orient myself more about this Jodi Arnold line. I'd come back to tell you.

p.s. i'm a follower :)

Elaine said...

I love it! I love the tailoring of all her skirts and pants!

Enter to win a professional flat iron!
clothed much, a modest fashion blog

Tiffany said...

I've never shopped at the Limited before but those pieces look really cute. may have to check it out!

Angela said...

I have not but super cute looks.