Related Posts with Thumbnails

Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Post Grad Travel


As the completion of four years of hard work and endless amts of studying, there is that post graduate trip that I fully believe everyone should allow themselves to partake it. It can be a short weekend trip, a long relaxing beach trip, a trip around the world, whatever it may be, after all that hard work and the excuse of "you will never have time off like this again", it must be done! After high school, it was beach week, after college it was an amazing unforgettable trip to europe - London, Paris, Barcelona, Rome, & Venice (what would almost be considered backpacking, hostels and all of that but I didn't travel with a backpack!), and now my big trip was GOING to be Asia. That didn't really pan out so well due to poor planning on my part, my mom throwing me a late graduation party so that it wouldn't be so close to my cousin's wedding and my moving to California in a few short weeks! So with all of that in stow, Asia couldn't happen, so it'll take backseat for a post-residency trip perhaps!?

So where where did I have in mind to go, you ask? Well, my last vacation was a cruise for my cousin's wedding, that went to Bahamas, St. Martin & St. Johns, plus I'm not a huge beach person. I like the beach, I like warm weather, but I also get very restless. So cross out beach vacay for me. Hawaii was an option, which I would have been fully willing to partake in, but the timing wasn't exactly right as well. Thought about going back to Europe, should have jumped on it when the volcanic ash was bringing down the flight prices, but you wait a few days, a week, and now those prices are upto $1000/flight, so that gets axed off. So the trip at choice is Seattle & Vancouver.. which is a perfect mix of sight seeing, nature & food, and we do get to go out of the country, even though its our neighboring counterpart! I'm SO extremely excited to eat all the delicioso food both cities have to offer. There is so much to do and so much to see in only 6 days!

If you've been to Seattle and/or Vancouver, any advice and what to see, do and eat would be lovely! & Please share your summer plans :)


9 comments:

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

I want to go to Seattle really bad and I am actually going to Vancouver next month for work. I hope to take so extra time to explore there!

Oregon is on my list as well =)

Style, She Wrote said...

Awesome idea. Wish I had done that after college. I've never been to Seattle but definitely want to go!

Friend in Fashion said...

Congratulations! After college is a perfect time to travel :) Both Seattle and Vancouver are on my must visit list - I look forward to hearing your experience :)

Luv, Friend in Fashion
www.friendinfashion.blogspot.com
x

Elaine said...

We just came back from a trip to celebrate our graduation and it was awesome. I agree everyone should do a big trip after graduation! Have fun in Seattle and Vancouver!

clothed much, a modest fashion blog

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Gosh, I've never been to either...but am dying to visit both!

bananas. said...

well aren't you the little travel bug! ;)

i did my big NYC trip after college but that's it. maybe i should go back to school so i can plan another one. haha.

oh and i've never been to seattle so no help here.

Tiffany said...

Yay! you are going to love it here! :)

Here's some of my restaurant recommendations.

http://www.formspring.me/styleish/q/80244927

Downtown and Pike Place market is a definite to visit. If you want to go off the beaten path you can drive to Ballard and go to Golden Gardens for a beautiful beach and sunset view.

Have fun!

Fashion Court said...

i definitely need to start traveling more often! i've never been to seattle, but my best friend is from there!

Tu-Anh said...

my bf is from vancouver! must have him send u a list of things to try.